Healthy Quinoa Salad
This healthy quinoa salad is great to make in advance. The flavors only get better as they marinate in the fridge. Feel free to use this recipe as a guide. It’s the perfect chance to experiment in the kitchen. Leave out any ingredients you’re not crazy about or don’t have in your pantry, and add a few of your personal favorites. Except for cooking the quinoa, you don’t even need to measure, unless that’s your savvy style. Go ahead and give yourself the freedom to chop and throw in the pot.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced
- ½ cup sweet onion (such as Vidalia or Walla Walla)
- ½ cup pepper, diced (you choose your favorite varieties)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsp parsley, chopped
- 1/3 cup raw cashews, roughly chopped
- 2 Tbsp sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp ground pepper
- Rinse quinoa and set aside.
- Add vegetable stock to a medium size pot and bring to a boil.
- Add quinoa to vegetable stock, stir and cover.
- Turn down heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove quinoa from heat. Leave covered and let sit for 5 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, add quinoa and all remaining ingredients and stir.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.