Balsamic Glazed Vegetables
For a delicious and quick meal, this pasta and scallops dish will hit the spot. Ready in about 20 minutes (10 minutes of prep time, 10 minutes of cook time), this meal is healthy and fast!
- 2 large sweet onions, peeled and cut into quarters
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-in pieces
- 8 oz Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 1/2 medium butternut squash, peeled and diced
- 8 oz carrots, peeled and cut on the bias into 1 in. slices
- 1 head garlic, cloves separated and left unpeeled
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup vegetable broth
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 tsp country Dijon mustard (see note)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- For the roasted vegetables: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, toss the onions, sweet potatoes, Brussels sprouts, butternut squash, carrots, fingerling potatoes and garlic with the oil, salt and pepper on a large jelly roll pan.
- Spread the vegetables in an even layer and roast, stirring once halfway through, until tender, 40 to 45 minutes.
- Remove the garlic from the skins before serving.
- For the glaze: Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the vegetable broth, oil, vinegar, honey, mustard, lemon juice and some salt and pepper.
- Cook over low heat until the glaze is reduced by half, about 10 minutes.
- Serve over the vegetables or as a dipping sauce.Note: Country Dijon is a milder, creamier version of Dijon mustard. If country Dijon is not available, mix 1 teaspoon regular Dijon with 1 teaspoon mayonnaise.