Tilapia with Mango Salsa
- 1 cup diced mango (fresh or frozen)
- 1 small diced tomato
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1-2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 small jalapeno, optional
- 1 lime, juiced
- salt and pepper to taste if desired
- Chop all ingredients into bite size pieces. (If using frozen mango, thaw before cutting)
- Add mango, tomato, onion, cilantro and jalapeno to bowl.
- Season with lime juice and salt and pepper if desired. Mix together. Can be chilled for up to 3 days.
- 4 tilapia filets (about 4 oz each)
- 2 lime, juiced
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to broil. Line oven safe dish with parchment paper or non-stick spray to prevent sticking.
- Place tilapia in dish and top with lime juice and black pepper. Place in refrigerator to marinade for 10 minutes while oven is preheating.
- Broil fish for 7-10 minutes depending on thickness, or until fish flakes with fork.
Serve mango salsa on top of tilapia.
- Try frozen mango chunks for easier preparation
- Switch out your favorite fish or chicken for tilapia
- Serve with brown rice and grilled asparagus for a complete meal